MENTAL HEALTH MOTIVATION FOR PEOPLE IN SOUTH AFRICA
Who doesn't love a motivational or inspirational quote? - Mental Health Quotes 2022
Have you ever thought about why?
Well, simply put, motivational quotes make us feel heard and understood. They are short, concise sentences that summarize great feelings or experiences in simple words.
When we can't find words or cannot describe a situation precisely enough, there is always a quote to support us!
They also inspire us to find happiness, encourage us when we're depressed, and motivate us to pursue our dreams! Quotes are usually messages of hope backed by wisdom. They come from someone who went through something similar and learned a lesson that they can now pass on. This also makes motivational quotes a great reminder that we are not alone. Connection and belonging brings freedom and security as well as inspirational quotes.
Motivational quotes are the mood changer and positive lift we all need!
Our favorite mental health quotes around the world, especially for South Africans
It's a great idea to have your favorite quotes handy for different scenarios when you might need them. For example quotes about perseverance for times when you want to give up; "Road to Success" quotes for times when you feel like a failure; Quotes about loving yourself when you're hard on yourself; Relationship quotes for times when you may need relationship reminders - and the list could go on...
We've decided to round up some of our favorite mental health quotes for when you need a mental health pick-me-up.
Use the ones you can relate to for a little more comfort and support.
Mental health inspirational quotes
- "There is hope, even if your brain says there isn't." - John Green
- "You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you. - Dan Millman
- "Change what you can, manage what you can't." - Raymond McCauley
- "Deep breathing is the love language of our nervous system." - DR. Lauren Fogel Mersy
- "I think it's very important to destigmatize mental health ... My mind and my heart are very important to me. I don't know why I wouldn't seek help to make these things as healthy as my teeth." - Kerry Washington, HuffPost
- “Anything human is worth mentioning, and anything worth mentioning can be made more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting and less frightening.” - Fred Rogers
- "You are imperfect, you are programmed to fight, but you are worthy of love and belonging." — Brene Brown
- “Mental health affects every aspect of your life. It's not just this little problem you can put in a box. - Shannon Purser
- "If you can't fly, run. If you can't walk, walk. If you can't walk, crawl, but keep walking.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
- "You are not your disease. They have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a story, a personality. Being alone is part of the struggle.” – Julian Sieber
- “Shower, wash the day. Drink a glass of water. Darken the room. Lie down and close your eyes. Notice the silence. watch your heart still beating I'm still fighting You did it. you did it the other day And you can do one more thing. You're doing great. "Charlotte Ericsson
- "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if you remember to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
- “Owning our story can be difficult, but nowhere near as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky, but not as dangerous as giving up love, belonging, and joy—the experiences that make us most vulnerable. Only if we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” — Brene Brown
- “Vulnerability rings true and feels like courage. Truth and courage are not always comfortable, but they are never weaknesses.” — Brene Brown
- "Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, stronger than you think, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh
- "Through self-care, you reclaim your strength." — Lala Delia
- “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I was already strong and they made me prove it. —Lord Emery
- "We cannot selectively numb emotions, if we numb painful emotions, we also numb positive emotions." — Brene Brown
- "Do not believe everything you think." - Unknown
- “Your sanity is everything — prioritize it. Make your time like your life depends on it, because it does. – Mel Robbins
- "The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
- "What if you roamed the world like it was easy to be loved? 'Cause I swear you're easy to love – Sonalee Rashatwar
- "'Only positive vibes' is not a thing. People have a wide range of emotions, and that's okay." — Molly Bahr, LMHC
- "Now I see that the bravest thing is to face our history and love ourselves through the process." — Brene Brown
- "Talk to yourself as you would to someone you love." — Brene Brown
- “Sometimes self-care means exercise and eating right. Sometimes it's time to spend with loved ones or to take a nap. And sometimes you watch an entire season of TV in a weekend while lounging around in your pajamas. Whatever soothes your soul.” – Nanea Hoffmann
- "You don't always have to be positive. It's perfectly normal to feel sad, angry, irritable, frustrated, anxious, and anxious. Having feelings doesn't make you a negative person. It makes you human.” — Lori Deschene
- "Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn't mean you can, should, or have to do it yourself." - Lisa Oliveira
- “Recovery is not one and done. It's a lifelong journey that will happen one day, step by step.” - Unknown
- "That feeling will go away. Fear is real, but danger is not. – Cammie McGovern
- "It's been my experience that when you start talking about it [experiencing a mental health struggle], you realize that you're actually part of a big club." - Prince Harry
- “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Mindful breathing is my anchor. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “We are not our trauma. We are not our brain chemistry. It's part of who we are, but we're so much more than that.” – Sam J Miller
- "You can't control everything. Sometimes you just have to relax and trust that things will work out. Loosen up a bit and let life happen.” – Kody Keplinger
- “Take your time healing, as much or as little as you like. Nobody else knows what you've been through. How do they know how long it will take to heal him?” — Abertoli
- "If we start being honest about our pain, anger, and shortcomings instead of pretending they don't exist, we may leave the world in a better state than we found it." - Russel Wilson
- "Mental health doesn't define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain.” —Matt Haig
- “Emotional pain is not something to be hidden and should never be discussed. There is truth in your pain, there is growth in your pain, but only if it is brought to light first.” – Steven Aitchison
- “Sometimes the people around you don't understand your journey. They don't need it, it's not for them.” — Joubert Botha
- "At any moment we have two options: forward to growth or back to safety." - Abraham Maslow
You are important. Your story matters.
If you are having a bad day, week or month, hopefully one or more of these motivational quotes will remind you that you are not alone. Life can be hard, but hard things can be done. Reflect on your life and see what you have already achieved. Reflect on any progress you've made.
Without hurry. Take care of yourself. Don't judge yourself by the bad days. Don't compare your feelings, experiences, or life to those of others.
YOU HAVE IT!
Book with a Connectable Life Expert:https://www.connectablelife.com/za